Did you know?
- More than 2.25 billion cups of coffee are consumed worldwide every single day.
- Coffee laid the grounds for the French Revolution.
- Women in England once filed a partition to make coffee illegal.
- A goat that got wired is responsible for the rest of us following suit.
In this combined lecture and cupping, you will learn:
- Where coffee originated and how it conquered the world to become the second most traded good after oil.
- The chemistry inside the cherry: What we know about coffee and what we still do not.
- What makes a bean a specialty coffee: bean types, circumstances, growth, harvest, processing.
- How trustworthy are certifications?
In this workshop you will compare different bean types by sight, smell, touch and taste.
We will "cup" samples from a local roaster in the way green coffee buyers do. Participants get to meet the roasters and take a coffee sample home.
For dates and booking, click here.